Relevance of this tutorial is conditioned by the increasing number of users reporting issues with Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net displaying random advertisements in victims' browsers. The article explains activities of this infection in terms of general malware hierarchy, its goals, and sheds light on Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net removal techniques.
Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net is a domain name that resolves into a number of different landing pages pushing certain digital products. Depending on the URL extension, it may promote shady multimedia players, video downloaders, or web browsing software. However, these symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg. Effectively, this unwanted activity is caused by malicious code which is a fairly rare mix of browser hijacker and adware infection.
Users get contaminated mainly through downloading third-party applications that are distributed as freeware. These include Yontoo, DealFinder, Language Learning, ClickDownload, FBPhotoZoom, A2ZLyrics, Lyricsfan, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, GetLyrics, SuperLytics, Browse2Save, WebCake, HD-Plus, or DownloadTerms. It's worth noting that you may or may not be aware of the unsafe bundle integrated in these downloads because the presence of Akamaihd adware as part of these is not always stated clearly.
If infected with Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net virus, you will be encountering browser tabs or separate windows randomly popping up even though you did nothing to initiate these events. The landing pages use misleading claims to recommend you download and install the apps that you don't need - moreover, these may further infect your PC. It goes without saying therefore that such obnoxious activity must be stopped before the adware significantly deteriorates your browser performance and page loading speed, not to mention the threat of more severe system infestation with potentially unwanted programs and spyware.
Use automatic solution to remove Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net virus
The issue of Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net adware inserting its advertisements where they do not belong and displaying annoying download offers can be effectively resolved if you apply trusted security software. Along with the obvious ease of such removal, other benefits include thoroughness of virus detection and elimination from all system locations it might have affected. Please follow these steps:
1. Download and install Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net removal tool. Run the application and select Start Computer Scan option in order to have your computer checked for adware, viruses, Trojans, and other malicious objects.
2. When the scan is complete, it will return a list with results on what infections have been found. Go ahead and click Fix Threats to completely get rid of the detected items. Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net infection should now be gone from your PC.
Uninstall malicious program via Control Panel
• Go to Control Panel on the infected computer. On Windows XP / Windows 8, proceed to Add or Remove Programs. On Windows Vista / Windows 7, select Uninstall a program.
• Look down the list of installed software and search for the apps that may be related to Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net virus. These may include:
Browse2Save, ClickDownload, Yontoo, DealFinder, Language Learning, FBPhotoZoom, A2ZLyrics, or Lyricsfan, LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, GetLyrics,
SuperLyrics, WebCake, HD-Plus, DownloadTerms. Once a suspicious entry is found, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
Manual removal of Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net virus from affected browsers
This part of the guide covers the procedure of preventing Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net adware from messing up your web browsing. According to our analysis of the infection, the method that proved to be most effective implies resetting the web browsers on your PC to their default configuration. While there is no doubt that the reset will address the problem of random ads showing up in major browsers, it’s worth noting that this way you will lose all personalized browsing information such as cookies, saved logins and passwords, bookmarks, etc. If you’re not willing to let this happen, you’re better off following this article’s automatic removal tips.
Reset Internet Explorer's default configuration
• In Internet Explorer, go to Tools and click on the Internet Options menu item.
• Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset as shown on the screenshot.
• On the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window that popped up, make sure there's a checkmark next to Delete personal settings option. Go ahead and click Reset.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to its defaults
• In Firefox, go to Help menu and choose Troubleshooting Information from the respective list. The same is doable by typing about:support
directly in the URL bar.
• When the Troubleshooting Information interface opens, click on Reset Firefox button. Now you're done.
Restore Google Chrome to its original defaults
• Click on the Chrome menu icon in the top right-hand part of the window, and choose Settings.
• Select the Show advanced settings functionality as shown below.
• On the next screen that shows up, click Reset browser settings.
• To avoid unintended removal of all personalized data, Chrome will show a warning. If you are certain that it's fine with you, click Reset button.
Make sure Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net virus has vanished
When it comes to persistent threats, double-checking never hurts. Therefore it’s highly recommended to complete Rvzr2-a.akamaihd.net cleanup process with a final scan that will once again look for any potential bits and pieces of the infection.