This article is primarily tailored to help those who fell victim to the virus triggering ads by Lpcloudbox325.com get a better idea of its essence and learn efficient methods to remove it. Unaffected users can as well benefit from reviewing the post by acquiring the knowledge about distribution of this malware, hence being able to prevent the contamination.
Lpcloudbox325.com is a conventional denomination for a piece of adware that triggers various types of browser advertisements on the infected computer. The domain name proper denotes the target URL being exploited in this large-scale malvertising scheme. Depending on the web address tail, it can resolve into a number of different landing pages offering different software products. The malicious code behind this activity is in fact a cross-browser plugin programmed to display pre-defined popup ads, banners, pop-under windows or in-text hyperlinks, regardless of the web browser being used (Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome).
Users who happened to catch this virus start encountering annoying occurrences of Lpcloudbox325.com notifications which strongly recommend updating or installing some applications. Samples of the software promoted in this fashion include various video player updates, spoof Java or Flash Player, web browsing clients and the like. The most typical types of such alerts are popup screens or pop-under windows, where you can actually see the URL, that is, Lpcloudbox325.com, followed by a lengthy extension. An additional hazard associated with this adware is the fact it was found to deploy unauthorized installs of other potentially unwanted programs such as malicious toolbars or homepage hijackers redirecting to dubious search engines stuffed with sponsored links.
A common way of the respective malign code injection is via downloads of third-party freeware such as streaming multimedia converters, download managers, etc. (see removal section for an extensive list thereof). In this case, the unwanted plugin responsible for Lpcloudbox325.com popups gets included in the install package without appropriate user notification.
Lpcloudbox325.com is a fairly sophisticated and unordinary browser infection differing from the run-of-the-mill hijackers out there which replace certain custom browser settings. Some of its notorious predecessors are Lpcloudbox30.com, Lpcloudbox302.com, Lpcloudbox400.com, Lpcloudbox404.com and other. This list appears to be continuously expanding.
At the end of the day, it becomes obvious that the Lpcloudbox325.com popup virus needs to be eradicated without delay. See below to learn how the cleanup can be performed effectively and safely for the affected machine.
Use automatic solution to remove Lpcloudbox325.com virus
The issue of Lpcloudbox325.com generating obnoxious ads can be effectively resolved if you use trusted security software. Along with the obvious ease of such removal, other benefits include thoroughness of virus detection and elimination from all system locations it might have affected. Please follow these steps:
1. Download and install Lpcloudbox325.com popup virus removal tool. Run the application and select Start Computer Scan option in order to have your computer checked for adware, viruses, Trojans, and other malicious objects.
2. When the scan is complete, it will return a list with results on what infections have been found. Go ahead and click Fix Threats to completely get rid of the detected items. Lpcloudbox325.com adware should now be gone.
Uninstall malicious program via Control Panel
• Go to Control Panel on the infected computer. On Windows XP / Windows 8, proceed to Add or Remove Programs. On Windows Vista / Windows 7, select Uninstall a program
• Look down the list of installed software and search for the apps that may be related to Lpcloudbox325.com virus. First off, pay special attention to recently installed apps that might look suspicious. These may include: Lightspark Player Pro, PureLead, Coupon Server, BetterSurf, weDownload Manager, Zombie Alert, Re-markit, Websteroids, HD-Plus 3.5, Plus-HD 1.3, Convert Files for Free, SupTab, BloCkUTubeAD, Feven Pro, Savings Bull, PassShow, or Trusted Web. Once a dubious entry is found, select it and click Uninstall/Change.
Manual removal of Lpcloudbox325.com ads virus from affected browsers
This part of the guide covers the procedure of preventing Lpcloudbox325.com adware from messing up your web pages. According to our analysis of the infection, the method that proved to be most effective implies resetting the web browsers on your PC to their default configuration. While there is no doubt that the reset will address the problem of random ads showing up in major browsers, it's worth noting that this way you will lose all personalized browsing information such as cookies, saved logins and passwords, bookmarks, etc. If you're not willing to let this happen, you're better off following this article's automatic removal tips.
Reset Internet Explorer's default configuration
• In Internet Explorer, go to Tools and click on the Internet Options menu item
• Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset as shown on the screenshot
• On the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window that popped up, make sure there's a checkmark next to Delete personal settings option. Go ahead and click Reset
Reset Mozilla Firefox to its defaults
• In Firefox, go to Help menu and choose Troubleshooting Information from the respective list. The same is doable by typing about:support directly in the URL bar
• When the Troubleshooting Information interface opens, click on Reset Firefox button. Now you're done
Restore Google Chrome to its original defaults
• Click on the Chrome menu icon in the top right-hand part of the window, and select Settings
• Select the Show advanced settings functionality as shown below
• On the next screen that shows up, click Reset browser settings
• To avoid unintended removal of all personalized data, Chrome will show a warning. If you are certain that it's fine with you, click Reset button.
Make sure Lpcloudbox325.com virus has vanished
When it comes to persistent threats, double-checking never hurts. Therefore it's highly recommended to complete Lpcloudbox325.com cleanup process with a final scan that will once again look for any potential bits and pieces of the infection.